The Maryland WholeHome Program can help you make valuable repairs and enhancements to your home that can lower your family’s monthly utility bills and improve your quality of life.
Emergency Home Repairs: Maryland Homeowner Assistance Fund WholeHome Grant
Through the Maryland Homeowner Assistance Fund, approximately $10 million will be available to help homeowners with necessary repairs and energy efficiency improvements. The Homeowner Assistance Fund WholeHome Grant will help Maryland homeowners who have an emergency repair in their primary residence that they are unable to address because of the financial impact of COVID-19. Without addressing these repairs, it will cause the homeowner to be “involuntarily displaced” from the property. The grant will be capped at $10,000 and will be used to address any emergency repairs, including mold remediation, asbestos and lead paint removal, no heat or no air, electrical repairs, plumbing and septic repairs, and other structural and maintenance issues. While this program provides financial assistance for the identified emergency repairs, this program is not emergency services.
For more information, call 877-568-6105 or email
- Eligible financial hardship after January 21, 2020
- 150% of AMI (see chart in program fact sheet)
- Maryland homeowners
- Homeowners residing in their primary residence
- Homeowners by evidence by the deed of trust
- Provide a work proposal for the emergency repair by a licensed and insured Maryland Home Improvement Contractor with appropriate photos or drawings.
- Grant – no instrument recorded
- Maximum assistance - $10,000
Maryland WholeHome - Other Programs
Maryland WholeHome grants and loans can be used to upgrade to energy efficient appliances, repair or replace heating and cooling systems, replace insulation, add accessibility features for seniors or those with special needs, remove lead paint, upgrade plumbing, and address structural and maintenance issues. With low-interest rate loans and grants, having a healthier home that saves money is easier than ever.
We offer a range of programs that help homeowners maintain safe, comfortable and accessible homes for their families. These programs help Maryland homeowners invest in affordable improvements that can help save money on heating and cooling costs, enhance livability for senior residents and those with special needs, and make repairs to meet building codes for safer living.
Loans and grants are based on what type of work is needed, as well as household income and ability to repay. The maximum interest rate is 4% and may be as low as zero,payments may be deferred, and there is no application fee.
Home Repair Improvements
- Plumbing and septic repairs
- Roof repair/replacement
- Correct building code violations
- Reduce/eliminate lead paint hazards
- Repair/replace porches
- Address structural or maintenance issues
- Install accessibility aids such as hand railings, ramps, grab bars, wider doorways
Learn more about the full range of programs we offer for home repair improvements, or call toll-free 1-877-568-6105 to start your application.
Energy Efficiency Improvements
- Install EnergyStar appliances
- Improve air quality
- Retrofit lighting
- Install energy conservation materials/insulation
- Seal air and whole house envelope
- Upgrade/repair HVAC systems, clean furnaces,improve heating/cooling functions
Learn more about the full range of programs we offer for home repair improvements, or call us at 1-855-583-8976 to start your application.
Contractor partners can
sign up to receive updates.