Housing Counseling & Legal Services Network

​​​​​​​​​​​​As a Maryland homeowner you are strongly encouraged to contact a HUD-approved housing counseling agency before entering into any agreements with anyone in connection with the foreclosure of your home. These government agencies and nonprofit organizations can provide you with free and objective information about your options. Contact a housing counseling agency that serves the county where your home is located.

Housing Counselors list (Updated March 2024)

If your mortgage company has filed a foreclosure action in court, you have a short window of time to act to prevent foreclosure. If you have received a Notice of Intent to Foreclose (NOI) or an Order to Docket (OTD) from the courts, consider contacting a nonprofit legal services provider as soon as possible. Contact a provider that serves the area where your home is located.

Legal Services Providers list​ ​(Updated March 2024)