The Strategic Demolition Fund seeks to catalyze activities that accelerate economic development and job production in existing Maryland communities. The Fund aims to improve the economic viability of “grey field development,” which often faces more barriers than sprawling “green field development.” Since funds are limited, awards will focus on those projects that can have a high economic and revitalization impact in their existing communities.
The Strategic Demolition Fund is divided into two allotments based on geography.
Strategic Demolition Fund – Statewide is available to eligible applicants whose projects are located in all areas except Baltimore City.
Strategic Demolition Fund – Project C.O.R.E. is available to eligible applicants whose projects are located in Baltimore City.
Projects must be located in designated Sustainable Communities. Sustainable Communities are areas found within Priority Funding Areas and are targeted for revitalization. Read more information on the
Sustainable Communities Program.
Lead applicants for Strategic Demolition Fund – Statewide are:
- Local governments working outside of Baltimore City
- Nonprofit Community Development Organizations working outside of Baltimore City
Lead applicants for Strategic Demolition Fund – Project C.O.R.E. are:
- Maryland Stadium Authority
- Nonprofit Community Development Organizations working in Baltimore City
Eligible projects include:
- Demolition of derelict non-contributing structures
- Site acquisition and assembly to create redevelopment-sized parcels for solicitation or planned development
- Site development
- Construction-level architectural and engineering designs
How to Apply
Applications are evaluated based on need, community conditions, project/program scope, proposed timeline, budget, and organizational capacity. When the competitive round is open, the application can be found at
To find out more about our programs, please contact your
Regional Project Manager.